Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth of July

We had a blast on our fourth here in Chicago. We had originaly planned to travl out of state but after the past two wekends of travel opted to stay home... and am I ever glad we did. Our weekend looked a little like this:
Thursday night: Lori & Dan stopped by on the way to Trials, Lori and I went down to watch the fireworks while Dan and his buddy went out. Andy took one for the team and stayed here with the girls. Thanks hon!
Friday afternoon: Josh O came over and hung out with us while the girls slept. Once they woke up we packed up to go down to the lake and Meggie came over just before we left. We went down to the lake, played with the girls, threw a ridiculously large frisbee around and the guys kicked around a ball. It was perfect and low key.
Friday evening: We got back, grilled, because that is what you must do on the 4th and then once the girls went to sleep... I made everyone play games... and drink wine out of a box. :)
Saturday morning: Josh joined us for an awesome trip to the Farmer's Market and the zoo. It was just such a perfect day.... except for a minor poop incident. Annabelle pooped all over my lap when we briefly stopped at Starbuck's about a half mile from our place. I kept saying I felt so dumb going all the way back to our house to change to which Josh reminded me, "It's crap... you've got to change. That's disgusting." I guess I see some things through Mommy lenses.
Sunday: Church and recovery.
Here are some pictures from the 4th:
Ayla did a lot of running down by the lake

Daddy did a lot of chasing and throwing around

Annabelle wanted to walk around too

Josh is teaching Annabelle how to box here..
Ayla running away

Daddy catching her

Now we're playing hide and seek...

Kicking a ball with Daddy

More fun with JoshO-you can tell he has nieces!

I love her

Josh... he's funny

Meggie and Annabelle

1 comment:

Dad said...

Doesn't get any better than that.