Thursday, March 6, 2008

Some Annabelle Updates

I was hoping to update everyone with the latest growing stats for our newest baby... but when I called yesterday to doublecheck what time my appointment was for tomorrow (today), they told me my appointment wasn't until next Wednesday! Ha! I guess thats what happens when my last appointment was when Annabelle was 1 week old.. I wasn't quite "with it", if you know what I mean. But I do have some updates even if I don't know her latest weight/height info:
  • She smiled!! Yesterday I saw her first smile... and then again today. And I worked for it too... lots of "Ooing". :)
  • She likes her pacifier. Ayla never took a Paci, so this one is hard for me. I feel like its a last resort when I have failed, but I've been assured that some babies just need to suck and its not about me (a lesson I need to learn in more than one area of my life.)
  • She is sleeping better at night. She seems to be ready for bed between 9 and 11 and then wakes only twice before 6. Believe me... thats better.
  • She is growing like crazy... more than one person has commented on how she looks much bigger this week than last. I thought so, but its tough to tell when you're with them everyday.
  • I can't drink milk or eat dairy. She seems to be pretty sensitive to it. Sensitive or not, Andy and I have had shamrock shakes the last two Sundays. Sorry baby.
  • She's wearing cloth diapers!! This is one I'm excited about. We swithched Ayla to cloth a month or so before Annabelle was born and thought we would wait to use cloth with Annabelle but I figure if I'm already doing laundry everyday... whats one more load?? And it makes all of us feel better!
And here a couple Ayla updates:
  • She loves to point out A's and O's in everything she reads. I realize I've worn some Michigan shirt or another these past 3 days as she points at the A and says excitedly, "Ehhhhhhhhh". "Yes, sweetie, thats an A."
  • Her newest word is top, which sounds more like "Pa", but yet she still calls her Papa, "Ba"... maybe I should try referring to him as "Top top"??
Here's a quick snapshot of our growing beauty (background is laundry and cloth diaper cover... don't judge me)

No comments: