Friday, May 2, 2008

Home Sweet Home

The girls and I have trekked back to good ol' Michigan to jump ship from Andy's busy finals schedule. I actually flew back with both girls... CRAZY! But we made it and have been enjoying the company of Nana and Ba. I think I've been enjoying it most of all!! I actually get to have a moment to myself.. to run, to nap... whatever! Its a bit rough since Annabelle doesn't soothe quite so well with anyone but me, but my mom is a trooper and is helping a lot, as is my Daddio.
I was expecting the trip to be filled with visits to old friends, time at work, and lots of family time. Well, it looks like the latter is the only one that has come to fruition. Ah well... it must have been what we needed most. I think my favorite part of being back home is being able to just go out the door and be outside with no pavement. Watching Ayla run down the hill in the yard that I used to run down. Watching here play with the toys I used to play with and reading her the books my parents read me is truly a surreal experience. As I've told so many of you... I still have to tell myself I'm a mama. So, when I have these total mama revelations, its just.. Whoa. I love it. :)
I'll try and get my dad's camera up and running so I can upload some pictures from here. Ayla has been quite a trip and we've captured some hilarious pics.

No comments: