Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Recap One

So July just flew by... we had guests pretty much the entire month. I suppose I'll start with the first guest...Mimi.

My mom's birthday is July 16th, so I wanted her to come in the weekend before so I could plan something special. We had a great night out in Chicago. I had planned it for quite sometime. It seems like she and I haven't had a girls night out in forever.
We started at a cute champagne place that was pretty trendy, it was called Pops for Champagne. Since neither of us had eaten, the glass went straight to our heads and we laughed straight to dinner at the Grand Luxe. MMMM... I love that place. I was absolutely starving and wanted to asked the waiter if what I ordered was enough fill me. He assured me it was and came back stunned that I had finished the whole thing. He went on and on about how surprised he was. I told him he better be careful saying that kind of thing to some women... "Wow, you ate a lot" doesn't always go over well.
After Grand Luxe we headed to a piano bar where two random strangers bought us drinks.. strange. awkward. uncomfortable. But the Red Head Piano Bar we were at was kinda cool. They played Billy Joel and Elton John songs. After we left there, we were going to try and head up to the Signature Room for a drink but it was packed since everyone was watching the fireworks at Navy Pier. Here are some pics from our night out. It was so fun! I have the greatest Mom.
Here we are at Pops... see the champagne behind us?

Giggling to dinner

Grand Luxe

Ceiling of Grand Luxe

Mom and I on Michigan Ave... you can't tell from far away her eyes are completely closed.

Let me tell you something about me and picture taking... Anytime I see flowers, I think "Picture!". I have many pictures of myself, my family, my friends where I have posed them with flowers in the background/foreground/in their hands, or any other place I deem to be an excellent "photo op". Well, anyway, here is my beautiful mom with some white flowers behind her. It makes me want to dig up an old picture I have of Andy where I made him pose by some flower when we were in Mexico. He has since put his foot down on some occasions when I suggest posing by flowers. Ah well.

No comments: